FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mono audio issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Jones
Mono audio issue
on Jun 23, 2011 at 11:49:20 pm

Sup guys,

Most likely basic stuff, but never had this issue before.

Here's my workflow (really basic stuff here...)

FCP>Export QT reference>Compressor(dvd best, 90 min, ac3)>DVD Studio Pro (simple dvd)

Issue:

I finished editing a short highlight reel in FCP6, and authored the dvd in Studio Pro. Plays fine on my computer (of course) but only plays in R channel on multiple televisions. No pan in FCP audio or anything weird. I did however use music exported (aiff) from Garageband, and do have 4 or 5 layers of audio mixed in, but all are set properly, and are fine. Not really sure, I have been at this for nearly a decade, and never have run into this. Maybe I'm overlooking something simple.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and think about it so everyone could get their minds off of FCPX...;)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Mono audio issue
on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:56:23 am

First up, drag the QT file back into FCP and check the audio is stereo and on both tracks. Next drag the ac3 file into FCP and see if it is stereo and both tracks.

If the QT is fine, then you should try re-encoding the ac3 and check the settings. The default may be faulty or you might have used a saved setting that was wrong.

Return to posts index

Matt Jones
on Jun 24, 2011 at 3:40:04 am

Thank you sir

Looks like the QT reference has -1 pan. I adjusted everything and it still its -1 on the pan after export. Is it referencing the original music from my HD?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 24, 2011 at 3:51:58 am

Check how your output channels are set and how the tracks are patched to the outputs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]