FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha Channels appear white after media reconnect!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Ryan
Alpha Channels appear white after media reconnect!
on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:10:10 pm

I am in the middle of a project for a client using green screen. My process was I edited together the multiple clip sequence together and then I media managed it into mini-clips to key out in After Effects. I finished all the keying and reconnected the media back into FCP. When I reconnected the media the alpha channel appears to be white and there is no transparency. I noticed though that if I imported the footage by itself without reconnecting, the footage honored its transparency layer. So I know it's there. I made sure to export out of AE with the RGB + Alpha setting.

Why would if it's being reconnected not honor the alpha layer? But honor it if imported by itself. Is this a media manager setting?

Please help! Time is scarce.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Patrick Ryan
Re: Alpha Channels appear white after media reconnect!
on Jun 23, 2011 at 8:34:44 pm

Figured it out myself in case anyone was wondering what the answer was. For whatever reason when reconnected, FCP set the clips to "none" for the alpha layer. To change this I just highlighted the clip in the timeline and went up to the Modify drop down menu and selected Alpha Type and set it to straight.

Return to posts index

Michael Jackson
Re: Alpha Channels appear white after media reconnect!
on Sep 10, 2011 at 9:47:10 pm

You have literally saved me a whole days work. Had exactly the same problem and had no idea what to do.

Thanks for generously coming back and giving your workings out!!

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]