FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing frame size problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Catie McHugh
Changing frame size problems
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:07:41 am

Hi there,

I am really sorry to ask such a stupid question but I am at my wit's end.

I stupidly seem to not be working with the same clip settings as my sequence settings (I don't know how I missed that) and all of a sudden when trying to change my frame size the footage shrinks down really small in the viewer ans exports this way.

I shot on a 5dMkII 1920x1080 25p h.264. Reading up I know I should have converted the footage to something more FCP-friendly.

I have stuffed this up completely - any chance there's a tip to stop the footage shrinking when the frame size is changed in the sequence settings to match the file attributes?

Thanks for your help...

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: Changing frame size problems
on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:42:11 am

What are your original sequence settings?

You should create a new sequence with the settings you want and paste in all your clips from the original sequence. You'll probably just need to reset the Motion controls for each clip since it sounds like you were working in an SD sequence and all the clips scaled down to adjust for being in an SD sequence. Now this is best case scenario but let's start there.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Changing frame size problems
on Jun 23, 2011 at 5:38:13 pm

...and when you're done cutting -- as in "edit lock: no further changes allowed" -- duplicate your edit timeline and change the duplicate's codec to ProRes 422 before exporting. If you're lucky, FCP may not choke on the H.264 footage and you'll be able to export.

If you're unlucky, you may have to Media Manage the entire project, media included, simultaneously making a new project and converting the new media to ProRes 422.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved