FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jagged Lines now no matter what settings I choose

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Jagged Lines now no matter what settings I choose
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:42:15 am

Here's the screen grab. Be sure to double click it to expand it. The 77% image does not show the jagged lines correctly:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/hootyhaha/JaggedLinesinFCP.png

Quick Time Files from JVC HM100u - 1920 x 1080 30p HQ

Turning On FCP:

HDV switch set on my DV deck

Open up FCP

Format: HDV

Rate: All Rates

Use: HDV - 1080p30 FireWire Basic

"CLICK OK"

Messege - Unable to locate the following external devices:
HDV (1440 x 180) 30 p

Clear my apple.com.plist, clear my FCP User Data..

I repeat the above - and the same happens.

But I choose different settings and the same happens each time.

No matter what setting I chose I always wind up with the weird lines in t he footage like you see in the photo of the person walking by.

The Raw QT file does not look like that, it looks fine.

In the past I've never had any of these issues. And normally I can even open up a regular DV NTSC project and drop the files in the sequence. FCP asks me if I want to change my sequence settiings to match the clip and I say "yes". And it works perfectly...

But that's not even working this time.

Also about the error type messages while FCP is opening up. I tried Imovie out of curiosity. Opened up without a hickup, and captured some of the clips perfectly .
I just couldn't preview the audio for some reason.

I've never had this issue so hopefully it's just fatigue of a 12 hour day now causing me to over look something.

Message Signature:
I don't have any charming or witty things to put in my signature. So as Peter Griffen says, "That's may mama!"

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Jagged Lines now no matter what settings I choose
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:47:38 am

What are your sequence settings?

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:51:25 am

Sometimes it asks me to switch the sequence settings to match the clip settings, I select YES. and it all works fine.

Tonight I'm choosing several with the clip. And each setting I choose will not deliver anything different.

Which settings do you suggest?

Message Signature:
I don't have any charming or witty things to put in my signature. So as Peter Griffen says, "That's may mama!"

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:59:10 am

I don't know what I just changed but I did something. The timeline went RED so I have to render it out now, however the jagged lines are gone. But I still need to figure out what Im doing to (now) cause the time line to go red.

There's no deadline on this, I'm going to bed.

Here are my current settings n ow that it looks good with the red render line

Frame Rate: 1920 x 1080

Aspect:
HDTV 1080i (16:9)

Pix Asp Rat. : Square

Anamorphix Box UNchecked

Field Dominance None

Editing Timebase: 29.97

Audio Settings 48 khz, 16 bit,

Compressor h2 64

Qualith 100%

Message Signature:

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:04:29 am

The render is becasue you have changed the frame size to 1920 x 1080.

If you have correctly ingested progressive HDV then simply drag one clip into a sequence and it should show 1440 x 1080 HDV 29.97 field dominance = none.

Check you clip settings in the bin to see if the filed dom is set to none as well. Both the clip and sequence settings should be none.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:05:58 am

Those original settings you cite, were there when the jagged edges started.

Thanks though I'll check that out again tomorrow when I come back in.

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:43:51 pm

1920 x 1080 30p (HQ) using the JVC HM100u

I should have asked in the beginning, what settings should I open up with in a new project?

1920 x 1080 30p is not in any of the start up settings FCP gives to choose from when starting a new project. You can render out to those settings, but you can't begin a project with those settings.

In the past when this has happened I just drop a file in a sequence.. select "change sequence settings to match file" and all has been fine.

here's a better visual if you have time to look at these 3 short test clips.

Quick Time file.. I forget the settings. It's scaled down fom the original 1920 x 1080

2nd test, current settings from the time line. Select 1080 under the video window.

There you will see the jagged lines in motion if you select 1080, when the guy in the white shirt walks by.

Test 1, DV NTSC Anamorphic conversion

Test 1 is what I'm going to wind up using anywhere to make the DVD.

In 1 and 3 there are no jagged lines. But it's not the original res.

I just dont want to edit a full concert , render it out to even an SD file , to get the problems addressed in the above issues.

It's just driving me crazy why all the sudden the jagged lines are appearing. It's never done this before in the year to year and a half that I've used this camera.

The ones scaled down look blury too. Or maybe I've just been starring too long at the issues.

And again, the original files straight out of the camera look fine.

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:52:28 am

I cant find the edit button for posts now :)

I figured out the problem and deleted those videos so the links are dead.

All is good in the universe , till the next problem arises. Thanks for all the help.

Vinnie
---

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]