FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apples to Avids

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric Thompson
Apples to Avids
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:45:48 pm

I'm getting some quicktime PSA files from a tv station that they say are Avid codecs. I use a Final Cut Pro system and for some strange reason can't read them. When I play or download the files I get the audio but no video. I used a windows based machine w/o Avid just to see if this was a Windows thing, but I got the same result. Is there a website with a generic plug in for my Final Cut System that will read these files correctly? I thought a Quicktime file was simply a Quicktime file, apparently not. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Apples to Avids
on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:00:16 pm

google search "Avid dnxhd codecs"

they are free and available to get you through this.

Return to posts index

eric Thompson
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:52:24 pm

I've downloaded the codec from the website and can see the video thumbnails but can't select them to put in to my viewer, let alone edit them. I get a popup that says codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:53:40 am

If I remember correctly, (I actually did this a while back and it worked great) the codec won't let you work with DNxHD files back inside FCP but it will make it possible for your system to use QT Pro (7) to open and then transcode them to ProRes so you can edit them.

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]