<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donna Arbogast
What am I overlooking?
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:09:37 pm

First, some quick Program stats:
Running Mac OS 10.6.7
Final Cut Express V 4.0.1
iDVD V 7.1.0

I have a video that was shot in 16:9, the Final Cut Express file is 16:9, when I export it to QuickTime, that file is 16:9. I am trying to burn it through iDVD - the iDVD format is 16:9. So WHY does it pinch the imported movie to 4:3? (Read "pinched" as smooshed, not cropped.)

There's got to be something I over looked.

I spent all day yesterday fiddling with this file. The last thing I tried, was cutting the FCX file into chapters cause no matter what I tried iDVD didn't recognize the preset ones.

The 1st chapter opens with slug & a fade in so it's a gentler opening transition. iDVD pinched it to 4:3. The 2nd chapter opens on our film with no slug. That is still at the correct 16:9 ratio. The final chapter again starts with slug & text and it too is pinched to 4:3. Is the slug the problem? How can I achieve the desired look without using slug?

Return to posts index

Donna Arbogast
Re: What am I overlooking?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:16:02 pm

So we played the resulting DVD through a standard DVD player, and low & behold, it views at 16:9 - perfect. However, it's still 4:3 on a computer. Since we don't know how the delivered DVD will be played, I need it to work perfectly on both.

The suggestion was made that it could be the iDVD format? Has anyone heard that before? If so, what is the best format for cross platform/universal playback and how do I change it?

Thanks for all your helpful feedback
Donna

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]