FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixed 24p and 30p Sequences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Gibbons
Mixed 24p and 30p Sequences
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:46:36 am

Hey all,

So I've gotten myself into something of a pickle. I've got three separate segments shot: two at 1080/24p, the other at 1080/30p. Then three sequences were created for each segment, the goal being that all three would eventually be combined into one long 30 minute project. I wasn't expecting too much trouble.

What happened is that one sequence has been worked on at its native 24p (fine), one 1080/24p segment edited at 30p, and the 1080/30p segment edited at 30p. So now I have the task of combining three different sequences into one 24p broadcast project. I can see that I can't simply copy and paste the two 30p sequences into the 24p broadcast project -- terrible things happen with audio sync.

Do I have a way out here?

Thanks,
Max

Return to posts index

James Vincent
Re: Mixed 24p and 30p Sequences
on Jun 21, 2011 at 7:55:33 pm

Going into a 24p sequence will yes, usually throw it out of sync you need/needed to take the odd man out (1080/30p) and re-encode it thorough fcp of compressor to get it to your main format (1080/24p), One show i did in the past had the same issue on on the D-camera and I had to re-encode that cameras footage through compressor to match the rest of the footage. So once you re-encode it then you will have the option to match frame your edits

-james

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]