FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out Of Memory message

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R. Bruce Perry
Out Of Memory message
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:24:02 am

I've got a fairly effects heavy, 30 program I'm editing. Recently, I began encountering the "Out of Memory" message when I attempt to render the timeline. This has started only recently. Nothing has changed in the project. I've gone to the media manager, render manager, I've deleted cache files. Nothing seems to work. Is there some way of increasing the memory? Is there a cache file somewhere that can be adjusted? Bottom line; How do I solve the "Out of Memory" problem so that I can render this project!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Out Of Memory message
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:28:57 am

Got any stills in the project? If so, check for one that's CMYK rather than RGB. That'll create that issue for sure... Not every time, but a lot of the time.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

R. Bruce Perry
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:59:38 am

There are photos but none CYMK. Same problem comes up no matter what I'm rendering. Whether I attempt to render small portions of the project or the entire timelin, it doesn't seem to matter. I can't seem to locate any info on the "Out of Memory" message and what it means.

R. Bruce Perry
INTERMIX DESIGN

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:39:11 am

This error message is common and has many causes, the most common being stills as David has mentioned. There is more to it with stills than just RBG/ CMYK. FCP can't handle pixels greater than 4k in any axis so check the size of your stills.

A quick search of this forum on 'Out of Memory" should reveal the best advice and most likely causes and the remedies.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jun 21, 2011 at 12:18:45 pm

Increasing the Stills Memory/cache can sometimes help.
In FCP settings.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]