FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX codec not an option in FCP 6.0.6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff McDonald
XDCAM EX codec not an option in FCP 6.0.6
on Jun 20, 2011 at 3:17:42 pm

I've just reinstalled FCP 6.0.6 on my new Mac Pro. I use the Sony PMW-EX1 camcorder for shooting so I need to have to have XDCAM EX timelines, exporting codec options ect... available in Final Cut.

I had it all working on my old computer but can't seem to set it up to work on my new Mac Pro. I've downloaded and installed the following:

XDCAM transfer 2.5.1
Sony FAM Driver 2.3.1
PDW-U1 Driver 2.3.2
XDCAM EX Log and Transfer Plugin 1.2.0
XDCAM Transfer 2.12
SxS Device Driver v1052020
SxS UDF Driver 1.0.1
Sony Clip Browser for Mac 2.6

I also software updated Final Cut until it told me there was nothing left.

When I import XDCAM EX 1080p footage into FCP it will allow me to switch the timeline to the format of the footage (XDCAM) but I have no options to set up new sequences in the XDCAM format or export in the XDCAM format.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XDCAM EX codec not an option in FCP 6.0.6
on Jun 20, 2011 at 5:24:18 pm

[Geoff McDonald] "When I import XDCAM EX 1080p footage into FCP it will allow me to switch the timeline to the format of the footage (XDCAM) but I have no options to set up new sequences in the XDCAM format or export in the XDCAM format."

YOu just said that FCP will change the sequence settings to match the footage, which is XDCAM...yet you say that you don't have options to set up as XDCAM? Go into the Easy Setups...click on FORMAT. Don't see Sony XDCAM?

[Geoff McDonald] "export in the XDCAM format."

FCP doesn't export into the XDCAM format. It will output a Quicktime file in the XDCAM codec...if you use an XDCAM sequence and export a self contained movie.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Geoff McDonald
Re: XDCAM EX codec not an option in FCP 6.0.6
on Jun 20, 2011 at 6:08:39 pm

Shane, thanks for the reply... that's right I cannot find any XDCAM options under format for Easy Setup (Easy Setup is something I use often to change timeline settings). Also, what I meant by exporting was using quicktime with a XDCAM codec as you mentioned.

So I've downloaded and installed 7 different things off the Sony site and none seem to be intergrating with FCP. When I prepared FCP to use XDCAM format on my PowerPC based Mac tower a few years ago, I only had to install two things a think. An SxS card driver and a XDCAM driver. Now that I have an Intel Mac and Leopard I want to install the same things as before but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas for a particular download I'm missing?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]