FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Syncing Nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don McVey
Sound Syncing Nightmare
on Jun 18, 2011 at 3:08:01 pm

Hey Everyone,

Have a really tricky problem. Have an hour of footage from a music festival that was edited live using a mixing desk. I just have the live.

While the footage was being recoded there was a problem and frames were dropped randomly all over the place. This isn't that noticeable in the footage as it's just 1 frame at a time.

Audio was recorded separate so it's all fine.

Big problem is the audio is completely out of sync. If I sync up a part it goes out after about 5-10 seconds. I can't cut the video up and move it around as there's no other footage to edit in.

Best solution I've found is to sync up a start point, then find a point later on and see how many frames have dropped. I then change the tempo of the sound to fit that piece of video. I've been doing this with various degrees of success but it doesn't always work very well.

I know there's probably nothing that can be done but I thought there may be someone on here who's faced a similar problem.

Is there some way of choosing points in audio - finding the corresponding bits of video and matching them up so that the audio's tempo is squeezed or stretched to fit?

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Sound Syncing Nightmare
on Jun 18, 2011 at 3:56:18 pm

There may be more going on that just the video problems.

What format is the audio?
Files or tape? AIFF? WAV? something else?

What is the sample rate?
What is the bit rate?

What were your project setting when you imported?
What are your current sequence settings?

Return to posts index

Don McVey
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:17:07 pm

Wav, 48k 16 bit. Sequence settings and project were set at ProRes 422(HQ) 25frames.

Don't think it's an issue with audio not having the correct settings. Purely down to frames dropping.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:40:10 pm

Sounds like your settings are fine. Looks like you will be stuck manually resyncing. Too bad there was no guide track. plural eyes would have been a big help.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:03:03 pm

I've had several issues with audio sync and plural eyes has saved my life numerous times. Not sure if it will help in ur specific case...

Return to posts index

Don McVey
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:18:14 pm

No audio on the video. Just a video track and separate audio file. Plural eyes won't help here I'm afraid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]