FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip -

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Haggard
Multiclip -
on Jun 17, 2011 at 9:05:47 pm

I am doing a two camera shoot for a sporting event. Duration will be around 2 hours.

My plan is to offline in ProRes Proxy and multiclip the two angles and go through and cut out all the stoppages/down time.

My idea was to have in addition to the two angles a third that just says 'CUT' on a red background or something, and I switch the multiclip angle to this every time there is a stoppage.

Then when I collapse the multiclip i can go through and delete all these 'CUT' sections.

Then when I media manage up to ProRes I'll only have the relevant film.

The main drawback for this is that I have had to create a 2 hour long 'CUT' clip that is 7GB.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Josh

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Multiclip -
on Jun 17, 2011 at 9:23:25 pm

Nope. All angles in a multiclip have to be the same codec, frame size, frame rate. Your CUT will have to be matching in every way.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Griggs
Re: Multiclip -
on Jun 17, 2011 at 11:18:45 pm

You shouldn't have to go through this "CUT" clip step if you have your cameras set up correctly....

Sync both camera's timecode, either via jam-sync (setting both cams to free run TC @ time of day) or have some master-slave TC relationship via external timecode source.

When you bring in to FCP, use the "create mulitclip sequence" command rather than simply the "create multiclip". If you sync them via TC, the multiclip sequence command creates an entire sequence and sets each clip/mulitclip (depending on the sync of the clips) at the proper time on the timeline. So if there were starts and stops and breaks in-between clips, the same breaks will carry over into your timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]