FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need high image-qualitied convertion between NTSC and PAL

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
元 素
Need high image-qualitied convertion between NTSC and PAL
on Jun 17, 2011 at 4:50:26 pm

I want to convert the NTSC clip into PAL in Final Cut.According to the suggestion from Pale,I downloaded a trail vertion plugin from to have a try,but the image quality of exporting clip reduced :it is kind of vibrating when may feel as if the player can't play it fluently.
what's more,I notice that when I use the plugin to convert,the NTSC clip was supposed to NEST on a PAL timeline,I can't understand the machanism for this action,Maybe you can enlighten me on this?
Please help with the troubles,thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Need high image-qualitied convertion between NTSC and PAL
on Jun 17, 2011 at 8:52:08 pm

Have you tried Compressor with everything set to best?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Need high image-qualitied convertion between NTSC and PAL
on Jun 18, 2011 at 3:28:52 am

The step by step directions are on the Nattress website.... which part of this are you having trouble understanding....?? If you don't know how to the clips you want to convert, then go to the Sequence Menu and select Nest Items.

NTSC to PAL conversion

1) edit the NTSC clip to an PAL timeline

2) nest the NTSC clip to allow the plugin to scale the converted clip. Because the pixel dimensions of NTSC video are smaller than PAL, the clip will appear shrunk down in the timeline canvas viewer. This is normal. The nesting of the clip will allow the plugin to correctly scale it to PAL pixel dimensions. (select clip and go to the Sequence Menu and select Nest Items - make sure the pixels dimensions of the nest are PAL sized)

3) apply the G Converter plugin to the nested sequence in the PAL timeline. Make sure the plugin goes onto the nest itself, not the clip that it contains.

4) open the nest in the viewer (control click on the nest and select "Open in viewer" or select nest then press return)

5) select the filter tab in the viewer

6) set the correct settings for the desired conversion. In this case, we select Source Pixel size to be 720 x 480 (NTSC), lower field order for source (in this case a NTSC DV clip) and destination (PAL DV timeline).

7) if you desire the PAL output to be de-interlaced, this can be performed in one step by selecting progressive output

8) if you would like to experiment with the conversion algorithm using "Smart De-Interlacing" then this can be selected in the De-Interlace options. The Tolerance
control affects the smart de-interlace and it's effects can be seen by selecting "View Smart Mask" in the De-Interlace Options.

9) the original NTSC clip that was edited to the PAL timeline must now be dropped from the project browser onto the Source Clip image well in the filter. The plugin will use this video clip for all the image data for the conversion. This is the important step that makes this plugin different from any other, and is vital to it's successful

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved