FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plugin for skin softening or general picture softening

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Sepulveda
Plugin for skin softening or general picture softening
on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:00:52 pm

Hi all.... I'm producing a tv show for latinamerica, it's mostly interviews inside a studio. I wanted to know what plugins/filters can you recommend me to get a softer image, specially when referring to people's skin. We are using Ex1 cameras at 1080i.
Also, is there a way to automatically balance color and brightness between two different sources (even thou the two cameras are Sony ex1, they sometimes give different color and brightness)?

Hope anyone can help me, thank you.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
Re: Plugin for skin softening or general picture softening
on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:21:24 pm

You could use the Color software that comes with the Final Cut Suite. or I like Magic Bullet Colorista II sold by Red Giant Software. The secondary section has a Pop adjustment which does a nice job of softening skin tones. Plus pretty much any other color adjustment you need. FCS Color is a round-trip while Colorista is a plug-in where you can stay in FCP. None of these are push button adjustments though.

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:51:52 pm

OH...I have the perfect plugins for you:

http://sheffieldsoftworks.com/

Look at Electronic Makeup Artist, or FAST EMA. These will smooth out wrinkles and NOT effect the rest of the picture. So you won't get that soft focus look. I rely on these plugins heavily.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:55:49 pm

[Daniel Sepulveda] "even thou the two cameras are Sony ex1, they sometimes give different color and brightness"

Those cameras have setup files for the camera settings. Make sure each camera runs the exact same settings.

Then before the shoot, each camera should shoot a card with a chip of white, a chip of gray and a chip of black. When you open each camera's clip of the card, you can use the 3-Way Color Corrector's Highlight, Mid-Range and Darks eyedroppers on them to get the colors even closer.

It could save you a lot of trouble.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 16, 2011 at 11:20:22 pm

Digital Anarchy have Beauty Box. I haven't used it so can't comment on its merits.

http://www.digitalanarchy.com/beautyVID/main.html

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 17, 2011 at 12:06:23 am

I can. Beauty Box does a slightly better job than Electronic Makeup Artist. But a 1 min clip will take 20 min to render with it. Same clip takes 5 min to render with EMA. And Fast EMA...just under 3 min. When working with 10-20 min of footage...that's a LONG time to render.

Demos are available for all, if you want to test.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 17, 2011 at 12:18:00 am

thanks for the info Shane.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]