FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color correcting multiclip per manual isn't working for me...?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Woodworth
Color correcting multiclip per manual isn't working for me...?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 5:09:59 pm

I'm unsuccessfully trying to apply a color correction filter to a clip created by my multiclip edit. I have not yet collapsed the multiclip. When I drag the filter to the clip on the timeline and choose 1 of the 2 overlay options (doesn't matter which), the only clip that's affected is the one I've drug the filter too. I would like it to affect every instance of that camera's 1 hour long clip, not just the few second chunk that I've drug the filter too. Below is a link to a short video showing exactly what I'm doing (view in HD so the screengrab is actually legible). Hopefully someone can point out something I'm doing wrong because I can't figure this out. I've tried the same technique on two totally different multiclip projects to no avail.

Return to posts index

Jordan Woodworth
Re: Color correcting multiclip per manual isn't working for me...?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 5:12:45 pm

Using FCP 6.0.5

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 16, 2011 at 5:16:57 pm

Sorry, you have to manually add it to each angle. FCP won't apply it to every clip that is the same angle.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Phillip Van West
on Jun 16, 2011 at 5:36:06 pm

Yeah, it's always a good idea to get your different angles matched as closely as you can before you make the multiclip. Then it's just a matter of tweaking the occasional slightly-off clip within the multiclip sequence.

But you've probably already figured that out, huh?

pvw

Phil Van West
Terra Nova Productions
Denver, CO
Video Production/Post-Production

Mac Pro 8-core 2.66GHz / 16GB RAM / OS 10.6.7 / FCP 7.0.2 / QT 7.6

Return to posts index

René Jensen
on Jun 16, 2011 at 6:23:00 pm

Do a search in the sequence for the clip angle that you want to correct, and select "Find All". This will select all the clips from that angle. Then just drag your filter upon one of them.

Return to posts index

Jordan Woodworth
on Jun 16, 2011 at 7:42:14 pm

Thanks Rene, I wonder though why the overlay menu asking "apply to source footage" or "apply to clip"?

Return to posts index

Wilson Converse
on Oct 14, 2011 at 3:40:58 pm

Set your filter on 1 clip in your sequence. Then copy that clip.(command C ) Then go and command click (highlight) all the clips that you would like to apply that filter to and then right click on 1 of them and scroll down to paste attributes. When the window pops up check the filter box. All your clips will then have the same filter.

Wilson
http://www.eyedit.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]