FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having trouble with multiclip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Peters
Having trouble with multiclip
on Jun 15, 2011 at 7:59:34 pm

I'm trying to get a multiclip happening in 7.0 and having some difficulty. I have five clips, all shot on a small HD handheld. These clips are already MP4 format coming off the camera, unfortunately, but that's okay. I have converted them with MPEG Streamclip to MOV files, 1280X720, 59.94 FPS, Apple Motion JPEG A, 48kHz 16-bit audio. Each play okay on their own in FCP.

When I put them in a multiclip and then add the multiclip to a sequence, I lose the multiclip playback option in the RT pulldown. The angles do not change as I play the sequence.

I went back and imported some older HD clips into a fresh document to verify that I'm doing everything right, and they act normally as a multiclip, so I am properly selecting in and out points, etc. I tried with just two of the former MP4 files and got the same result -- doesn't work.

Is there some issue with the format that Streamclip is using? Should I try to export in some other format? The original MP4 was also 59.94 FPS and I'm having difficulty understanding why FCP would be able to play each individual clip correctly but not handle the multiclip. Any help appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Having trouble with multiclip
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:12:09 pm

[Rick Peters] "I have converted them with MPEG Streamclip to MOV files, 1280X720, 59.94 FPS, Apple Motion JPEG A, 48kHz 16-bit audio. Each play okay on their own in FCP."

Motion JPEG A is NOT a realtime codec in FCP. You can play this codec but you will have no support using Apples RT engine. This will cause you to not have any RT effects and will not allow multiclip playback(which is really like a complex PIP effect)

Convert the original files to Apple ProRes 422 or LT and you should be fine.

Return to posts index

Rick Peters
Re: Having trouble with multiclip
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:19:58 pm

Great, thanks for the assistance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]