FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing sequence settings in final cut after edit is done.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Kemp
Changing sequence settings in final cut after edit is done.
on Jun 14, 2011 at 11:08:27 pm

Hey guys,

Now i have searched high and low for help on this but no one seems to be able to help. I hope you guys can.
My problem is this:
I have been assisting a director edit his work. Its a 90 minute feature film shot on RED 4K at 24 FPS. I have setup the sequence presets and everything to work with the RED proxys for a 2K reconform in the finishing stage of editing.
Now I will admit I am not a high up editor, actually i rarely edit...just helping out where i can... so i am struggling abit with figuring this out myself. Anyway I had setup the sequences to editing in the Native RED proxys setup. However the Director gave me a heap of footage he had edited in a DV PAL 25p sequence. Now I have worked out away to reconform his stuff to PRORESS 422 (HQ) 25p.... however I need it to be PRORESS 422 (HQ) 24p. But when I try to swap it over FCP re edits my work but cutting clips in half and spaces in between and throws audio out of sync. Any idea on the steps I need to take to fix this mistake.

Just to give you a heads up on what I am dealing with when i asked why he chose those setting he just said.... "I dunno, I just opened up the clips in FCP and started editing... that all i need to do right?".... he has been using FCP since FCP studio 1. *slaps hand on forehead*

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
Re: Changing sequence settings in final cut after edit is done.
on Jun 15, 2011 at 12:05:54 am

Are you trying to continue the edit at 24p? You could export it out as a self contained QT, change the frame rate settings in Compressor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]