FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which AV Settings for Log and Capture Streaming with HV20?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Bernstein
Which AV Settings for Log and Capture Streaming with HV20?
on Jun 13, 2011 at 9:49:46 pm

Hi. I have FCP 6.0.6, a MacBook Pro, and a Canon HV20 hooked up via FW800. I'm trying to get the camera to stream directly to the laptop and record via log and capture to the hard drive. The AV comes through fine to the Log and Capture window, but whenever I hit Capture Now, it says "Searching for Media" and results in a .06 second clip.

I know that I must not be setting up the project settings correctly. I've tried a bunch of different AV settings. Can someone please tell me exactly how to get this to work?

Thanks in advance for your help. Let me know if I need to give you any more information.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Which AV Settings for Log and Capture Streaming with HV20?
on Jun 13, 2011 at 10:14:17 pm

Set DEVICE CONTROL to UNCONTROLLED DEVICE.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andy Bernstein
on Jun 14, 2011 at 12:32:28 am

Hi. Thanks for responding. I tried this and the controls to capture now disappeared. Instead the hard drive started recording instantly and then stopped right away. Is there something else I need to do?

Also, what should I choose for the rest of the AV settings? There are so many options...

Return to posts index

Melvin Reyes
on Jun 14, 2011 at 1:39:03 am

you can change your setting device on your fcp capture setting and try you use Canon HV20.

Return to posts index

Andy Bernstein
on Jun 14, 2011 at 5:43:44 pm

I'm still trying to get this to work. If I switch the device pulldown to noncontrollable device, it says "To capture HDV source material, both the Capture and Device Control presets must be configured for HDV; otherwise, to capture in another format, both must not be configured for HDV."

Can anyone help me figure out how to set up the camera and FCP so I can record directly to the hard drive (streaming) via Log and Capture instead of to mini-DV tape first?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]