FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED Color Correction Confusion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angel Nieves
RED Color Correction Confusion
on Jun 13, 2011 at 4:50:02 pm

I'm re-editing a short shot on the RED. There's definitely some color correction applied to it. However, there are no video filters applied. I'm trying to figure out what was done to achieve the color correction. When I copy the clip to a different sequence, the color correction disappears. I don't want to ask the filmmakers that gave it to me because I don't want to sound baffled, which I am. Does anyone have any idea how footage can be corrected within FCP without filters?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: RED Color Correction Confusion
on Jun 14, 2011 at 5:40:12 am

If correction was done in Color, it leaves the clip name the same in the timeline but it actually links to the Color render file. You can see if that is the case by clicking "show in finder" and see if the finder clip is a Color render file.

If that is the case and you want to copy the clip with this baked in correction, then CMD+c from the timeline and then paste into the new timeline.

Return to posts index

Angel Nieves
on Jun 14, 2011 at 3:46:08 pm

Nope. I tried the cmd-c and pasted it on a separate sequence, and the color correction disappears. 'Reveal in Finder' only reveals the original .mov file. And there are no Color files on the drive. This is weird. Where is this color correction coming from?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 14, 2011 at 11:42:18 pm

Can you describe the color correction? Is it actually changing colors or just gamma (contrast)? If it is just gamma, then the type of file plus the sequence settings may be the issue. Do both sequences have the same settings, especially codecs?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]