FORUMS: list search recent posts

AIF changes length on different systems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tijs van den Donk
AIF changes length on different systems
on Jun 12, 2011 at 9:29:59 pm

Hi,

I've got a strange problem similar to what other people have with out of sync issues in relation to AIF. But so far the solutions suggested didn't work in my case and my problem is slightly different. Here's my story:

I've got two systems: a MacPro with FCP and a MacBook Pro with FCP installed. I worked on a project (PAL 720P 25FPS) on the MacPro and wanted to switch to the MacBook, so I copied all the material and the project to an external drive. When I opened the project on the MacBook it asked for the media to be reconnected. So I did, but the strange thing is that the systems says that some clips have a different length. Two type of clips generate this problem: VoiceOver clips I recorded using the VO-tool in FCP and a AIF file which is the VO treated in SoundtrackPro. I tried to import the AIF in the project and the length turned out to be 00:09:44:20 instead of 00:09:45:10. The problem with VO's turns up on some clips but not all !!! (probably because they are not long enough to "drift of"). When opening the clip in QuicktimePlayer the length is 00:09:45.42 (which is equal to 00:09:45:10). So why FCP changes the length on import???

I allready tried trashing prefs etc.

Please help me out. It's a pain in the ... (back down there)!!!!!

Thnx,

Tijs

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: AIF changes length on different systems
on Jun 13, 2011 at 10:18:03 am

you may want to read this, as it could be related:

http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/1

patrice

Patrice Freymond

Senior editor
FCP Certified Trainer