FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame Size Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Hubbard
Frame Size Question
on Jun 11, 2011 at 9:43:36 pm

Hello,

I was recently given RED footage converted to ProRes444 quicktimes for an editing job. Most of the footage is 2240x960 23.98fps, but the slow motion shots are 2048x1024 23.98fps. I am currently editing in a 2240x960 timeline and the slow motion shots do not fill the frame. How can I use these two frame sizes together in the same timeline? Any suggestions for settings? Thanks in advance!

Joe

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Frame Size Question
on Jun 11, 2011 at 10:09:11 pm

You'll have to scale up the 2240x960 footage until it fills the frame. It will be slightly soft, but nearly imperceptibly so. However, if you were supposed to cut it in to make it match frames of the original seamlessly, pixel for pixel, you'll have to do the slowmo over if it was created from the original improperly.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Joe Hubbard
Re: Frame Size Question
on Jun 11, 2011 at 10:32:54 pm

Thanks David, that makes sense. And being this is for internet use, I don't think the slight stretch will be an issue. I believe this is how all of the footage was shot. I don't think it was a conversion error (although I didn't do the conversions). But the DP said at the shoot that the camera couldn't shoot slow motion in 2240x960, which is what all of the other footage was being captured at.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]