FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keeping same Time Code in new Quicktime

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Barski
Keeping same Time Code in new Quicktime
on Jun 11, 2011 at 11:07:11 am

Hi,
I have a sequence on FCP 7 with different clips from different sources, each one with a different original TC.
I need to export the whole sequence to a new QT, but I want to be able to keep the original TC from each clip in the new QT...is that possible.?
(in the old days when editing to tape you could choose internal/external Time Code...is this possible on FCP?)
Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Keeping same Time Code in new Quicktime
on Jun 11, 2011 at 2:39:41 pm

YOu cannot export a single QT file with multiple timecodes. The exported file will have the SEQUENCE timecode.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 11, 2011 at 5:05:54 pm

No way. Even exporting a Reff Movie, you get a flatted TC.
[David Barski] "(in the old days when editing to tape you could choose internal/external Time Code...is this possible on FCP?)"
What it was possible in the old time, was keep the original picture VITC when EDITING B "Video Insert".
A jump in TC is something that no editor wants nowhere.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Jun 12, 2011 at 3:44:17 am

A broken TC QT file is possible. We can make them with our Building 4 Media recorders. In the end they are useless in FCP though. FCP 6 will not open them and FCP 7 will simply take the first time stamp and extrapolate it across the entire movie.

Depending on the time between breaks, you could string them on a matching TC timeline using "Make multi cam seq". From this you can export the entire timeline including the black between the breaks, individual clips by marking each clip, or groups of clips on the timeline between the big breaks.

John Heagy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]