FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 5.1.4 self-deletes files from sequences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Kay
FCP 5.1.4 self-deletes files from sequences
on Jun 10, 2011 at 5:09:04 pm

I'm running Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 on a Mac Pro with the specs listed below and I'm having a problem I've never encountered before. I'll be working in the timeline adding footage, making edits, etc. I'll go to another sequence to make some change, and when I go back to the first sequence all of the footage has disappeared. FCP seems to be self-deleting files from my various timelines. All of the edits I've made, footage I've rendered, is all gone. However, the files do not delete from the hard drive because in the finder window I can go back and find the captured footage (which is HD from a JVC HM100U Camera). I drag and drop the files back over into FCP bins and it seems to do fine for a while. I've tried doing File>restore project and file>revert but both seem to do nothing. They appear to go through the motions of restoring but the blank sequences that a moment ago had footage still appear blank. It doesn't restore the sequences how I know they were a few hours ago. The footage seems to delete from FCP entirely through all saved versions. If this makes a difference, the HDD's are partitioned into the following: System 72 GB Available (100GB Total), Graphics 525 GB (540GB), Archive 553 GB (750GB), and Capture 462 (750GB). The FCP project file is on the archive drive currently and all of the original captured footage from the JVC is on the Capture drive. I know FCP 5.1.4 has a lot of issues, but I've never seen this. My gut feeling is some kind of corruption issue in FCP or a HDD, but I really have no clue!

Mac Pro OS X 10.6.7
Final Cut Pro 5.1.4
2 x 2.26 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT120 512 MB

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP 5.1.4 self-deletes files from sequences
on Jun 10, 2011 at 6:58:19 pm

[Jason Kay] "(which is HD from a JVC HM100U Camera)."
That camera works tape-less so normally you use L&T.
How did you got the footage from the SD cards to FC?
Which kind of files are?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]