FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem reading data on source tape - Can't capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Inserra
Problem reading data on source tape - Can't capture
on Jun 6, 2011 at 12:59:10 pm

At a certain point a while back I became unable to capture anything from my DVCam tapes. I am recording in DV-NTSC anamorphic to a DSR-45 deck, then logging and capturing from that same deck. Every time I try to capture in FCP I get this error message "capture encountered a problem readin the data on your source tape. This could be due to a problem with the tape. Capture has been aborted and your clip has been saved."
This has happened with several different tapes, so I KNOW it's not the tape. Every tape can't be bad. I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with a setting in FCP, or a problem with a setting in the deck (which I haven't changed in years) or what's going on here. I've tried capturing from playback on a camera as well. Same message.
I figured if it's a problem with TC then iMovie won't care. So, presently, the only way I can capture the material is through iMovie.
Any ideas? Thanks

Return to posts index

Lisa Inserra
Re: Problem reading data on source tape - Can't capture
on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:05:22 pm

OK, I figured it out. The DSR-45 doesn't know what anamorphic is. If I change my capture settings to DV-NTSC (not anamorphic) I can capture.
Sony confirmed that anamorphic isn't in the DSR-45s DNA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]