FORUMS: list search recent posts

missing plugin folder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam levy
missing plugin folder
on Jun 4, 2011 at 11:51:03 pm

I've been trying to install a plug-in in FCP and was directed at the plug-in maker's website to drag the icon to the FCP plug-ins folder which was supposed to be here:

Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Final Cut Pro System Support:Plugins.

However, I can't find that FCP System Support Folder there or anywhere else on my computer.

I did the standard install of FCP 7 on my macbook pro.

Is this missing folder the result of a bad install? And do I need to re-install FCP or is there another place to put plug-ins?

thank you.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: missing plugin folder
on Jun 5, 2011 at 11:11:24 am

Nope, my bet is it's neither missing nor a bad install, you're just looking in the wrong "Library" folder.
According to the instructions you should be looking in the (public) Library folder found at the root of the hard disc ... my bet is you are looking in the (private) Library folder found at the root level of your User folder - but not to worry, you can install it in that Library too, just at a different path - ~/Library/Preferences/Final Cut Pro User Data/Plugins

Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

adam levy
on Jun 5, 2011 at 1:24:36 pm

thanks very much. that was exactly my mistake.

Return to posts index

Madhur Sharma
on Aug 27, 2013 at 1:21:36 pm

I installed FCP recently. The problem is i can't locate the FCP data folder. I do have a library folder but its not in the users folder, its outside of it. Also no FCP folder available in Preference section.. If you could please explain.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]