FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC from p2 Hpx170 looks aweful.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Sullivan
NTSC from p2 Hpx170 looks aweful.
on Jun 4, 2011 at 2:10:35 pm

I am running fcp 6 on my macbookpro. I just shot something in DV NTSC 480i 24p (in camera settings) on my P2 Hpx170. The problem I am having is that the footage looks absolutely horrible. It is either interlaces or artifacted. And in FCP the clip settings say that it is DV NTSC 29.97. Any export I do (for dvd or web), deinterlaced, or anti aliased also looks terrible. I do not understand as when I play the footage back on the camera it looks great and my project settings are all ntsc. What could be the problem?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: NTSC from p2 Hpx170 looks aweful.
on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:22:15 am

All SD is interlaced to tape. If the camera is set on 24p, the camera takes those 24 progressive frames and adds pulldown to make them 60 fields going to tape or p2 cards. If you wanted true 24p to edit with you should have shot as 24pA and then removed the ADVANCED pull down on ingest. You can still remove the standard pull down by running the clips with compressor, turn on Frame Control and chose Reverse Telecine for deinterlace.

Return to posts index

Niklas Sullivan
on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:35:22 am

Michael, thank you so much for the info. I appreciate it greatly.

N

Return to posts index

Michael Maraden
on Jun 16, 2011 at 8:15:56 pm

Did this work? I am having the same problem. I tried what michael suggested but nothing changed. Still looks pixelated. Did you try to convert the actual .mov file or the files from the P2 card. Very frustrated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]