FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Exporting Incorrectly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew David Ridley
Final Cut Pro Exporting Incorrectly
on Jun 2, 2011 at 7:27:37 pm

I'm in a bit of a jam here with a Final Cut Pro problem. Wondered if anyone had any advice.

I'm shooting with a Sony HVR-A1 set to DV SP, then importing to Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 (old school) as DV PAL 48 kHz Anamorphic. It seems to be importing ok (black bars top and bottom). Says it's 720 x 576 in the clip description.

The trouble starts when I export it. Using Quicktime Conversion, in options, my current size settings say 557 x 417. Totally puzzled by that.

If I bring the exported clip into iDVD for example, I get a reduced, centered picture surrounded in black.

The only thing I can think of is that my export settings are incorrect. I've tried various other dimensions but it always exports stretched or with black bars. I'm desperately trying to get a true 16:9 export of my project.

Bit confused with it all. If anyone could give me any pointers or suggest anything for me to do/try, that would be a bit of a lifesaver. Got some jobs coming up soon and I'm not the most technical of video editors.

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
Re: Final Cut Pro Exporting Incorrectly
on Jun 3, 2011 at 2:58:28 am

[Matthew David Ridley] "I'm shooting with a Sony HVR-A1 set to DV SP, then importing to Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 (old school) as DV PAL 48 kHz Anamorphic."

you're capturing anamorphic, is your timeline also setup anamorphic? what size would you like to export to?

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Matthew David Ridley
on Jun 3, 2011 at 9:44:31 am

Thanks for your response, Chad. Turns out I needed to tick the "show as sq. pixels" box in both windows, tick the anamorphic boxes in the clip description and most importantly set my Quicktime Conversion settings to custom, then manually enter 1024 x 576. Also, in Sequence, Settings, Load Sequence Preset... it was defaulting to some strange DVCAM setting and screwing things up. Put it back to DV PAL 48 kHz Anamorphic and it's fine again. These things take years off my life.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 3, 2011 at 11:39:20 am

Hi Matthew,
As Chad said, make sure that the clips shows up as Anamorphic on the FCs Browser.
If your sequence is Anamorphic too, the clips should fit on the canvas without any black bar nowhere.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]