FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 relinking

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Packman
P2 relinking
on Jun 2, 2011 at 6:16:04 pm

While working on a project with media from a P2 card, my fcp crashed. I re-opened my project which I saved often and when I did, the files seemed to be offline. After I relinked them, the TC's on all the clips had been shifted. The in's and out's had been shifted from as little as a few seconds to a few minutes off. This resulted in a very tedious process of bringing in the actual clips with my desired ins and outs already set in my timeline. Has this happened to anybody or can someone look to a possible culprit in this scenario? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dan Packman
Re: P2 relinking
on Jun 2, 2011 at 6:59:46 pm

Thank you for all those reading. Please see a more descriptive issue of the problem below:

While working on a project associated with P2 media, during the end stages of finishing, my FCP system crashed (just the software, not the program). I had saved it just before, and only I had one revision that would not have saved. Upon re-opening the project, all of my P2 media had gone offline. It still existed in the same place on the hard drive. Upon relinking, FCP told me that the clips had a different "Rate" and "Reel." This had happened to me in the past, and would knock the whole sequence off and not include the selects I needed. In the past, a fix was never found as we did not go back to that part of the project.

Upon further review, I noticed that this metadata issue was happening in Finder - not just within FCP - as an old (and should be unaffected) Autosave of the project had the same issues relinking.

After some workarounds, I noticed that some clips did not even have the same file name as my original sequence. Going back to my clients drive, I found the clip I needed and re-transferred it to my system. The clip on my system (which has the same name) did not have the same media. Some how during the crash, the metadata of the clips (TC, rate, reel, and even MEDIA) had been shifted some how.

Has anyone been affected by this before? Was it with P2 media, or other digital files? Is there any way to reconnect media properly when FCP believes the clip has a different Rate or Reel?

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]