FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Problems with FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Pengelly
Audio Problems with FCP
on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:25:14 pm

Sometimes after editing to a music track the music skips and plays a different portion then what I originally cut in. I match frame at the point where the problem is and it plays fine in the preview window.Then I have to cut the music back in and then it is fine after that. This has messed up some of my exports as I was going with the assumption that every thing was fine and still in sync.

FCP Ver 7.0.3

The Music is from A stock Music CD
Format PCM,16bit big-endian signed integer, 2 Channels 44100HZ

I checked the Timeline Settings and it is set to 48khz, 16bit, Channel Grouped. Should I have the sequence KHZ matched to the audio track?

Also occasionally I get a horrible audio overload when playing these tracks. Sounds like A freight train and has almost blown the Logitech speakers and my ears.

Funkin it up Old School

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio Problems with FCP
on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:37:58 pm

[Richard Pengelly] "Format PCM,16bit big-endian signed integer, 2 Channels 44100HZ"

That's your problem. Audio needs to be AIFF or broadcast WAV, and 48khz, 16 bit stereo...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Audio Problems with FCP
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:12:55 pm

As Shane says, it's because it's at 44.1kHz, you need to change it to 48k (I have a Compressor Droplet on my desktop for that very thing, so I never bring in anything at 44.1k).

The overload is because CDs are normalised to peak digital level, which is way higher than the levels used in tv. I normally lower anything from CD by 10 or 15dB before I even play it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]