FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import from a MS Card

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Lucas
Import from a MS Card
on Jun 2, 2011 at 9:25:06 am

I'm trying to import footage from a DCR-SR58 camera which has a MS card that records the media. When I have tried to import into FCP via Log and Transfer the files aren't being recognised by FCP. There is a MP_ROOT folder that has a folder named 101PNV01 which has the .MPG file in it but I can't select it to transfer in. The file is there and has been recorded because if I go into the Finder and select the file manually I can use quick look to play it.
There is also an AVF_INFO folder on the card which also can't be recognised.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Import from a MS Card
on Jun 3, 2011 at 11:27:04 am

[Marc Lucas] "I'm trying to import footage from a DCR-SR58 camera which has a MS card that records the media. When I have tried to import into FCP via Log and Transfer the files aren't being recognised by FCP. There is a MP_ROOT folder that has a folder named 101PNV01 which has the .MPG file in it but I can't select it to transfer in. The file is there and has been recorded because if I go into the Finder and select the file manually I can use quick look to play it.
There is also an AVF_INFO folder on the card which also can't be recognised."

Hi Marc,
L&T will works only if the file/folders structure haven't been altered.
If there is something wrong there, FC won't be able to recognize the media files.
If QT can't open the .MPGs, you may need to transcode them with other tools.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Marc Lucas
Re: Import from a MS Card
on Jun 3, 2011 at 11:35:20 am

Hi

I've copied the media from the camera and transcoded with MPEG Streamclip. All is fine now.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]