FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cloning Video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Naccarato
Cloning Video
on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:25:59 pm

I have been searching how to make a clone of a person that can walk behind or in front of that person. Most tutorials just talk about cropping and "make sure you don't get too close to the other." or freeze framing. I'm talking a person cloned and can overlap the other w/o cropping lines. How does one do this? Please help or make a video about it. I have fcp studio. Thanks in advance.
Ben

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Cloning Video
on Jun 1, 2011 at 11:23:43 pm

The word you need to help you search for info and tutorials is rotoscoping. The other alternative is keying, typically chroma keying.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 1, 2011 at 11:47:44 pm

That's the kind of thing you plan before shooting.
In the end is about cutting the subject from the background by cropping, masking, keying, rotoscoping..

To do this and also because you want to animate the pictures in 2D, I would think of MOTION or AE instead of FC.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ben Naccarato
on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:12:47 pm

Thanks Guys. I will do some research on rotoscoping. I made a music video featuring myself 4 times (no green screen) and just cropped everyone down and tried to give each character space enough not to over lap. Recently I saw a video of a girl that did the same thing but her characters overlapped and it was smooth (no green screen). I really just want to learn how to do that. So if rotoscoping is the way then I'll master it. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]