FORUMS: list search recent posts

short-term exceeding of volume license possible?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Marshall
short-term exceeding of volume license possible?
on Jun 1, 2011 at 9:25:10 pm

We've got a volume license in the lab (educational) for FCS3 for five seats. We're going to have a big project coming through and we have six machines available to run FCP and six people available to do the work. The project would be done in a day or two, and while I know it's probably unkosher, I'm wondering if FCP is going to complain if it sees more than five seats up at one time. I don't want to hassle with pulling network cables and would probably just enforce the rule of five seats open at any one time if there's no other way. But if FCP won't complain for the couple days we need six, then I'm inclined to go that route.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: short-term exceeding of volume license possible?
on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:09:31 pm

[Ben Marshall] "and while I know it's probably unkosher, I'm wondering if FCP is going to complain if it sees more than five seats up at one time"

It will. Especially if you are on a network. Won't work at all.

Why not have one person work a second shift? Night shift? Or...do any of these six people have their own copy?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ben Marshall
Re: short-term exceeding of volume license possible?
on Jun 1, 2011 at 11:28:15 pm

Ah well, bummer. Yeah, second shift might work, or maybe I can find another seat on campus in another lab. We don't have the funds to purchase an additional seat, and honestly rarely have five users at once so it's not worth it for us. Nobody has their own copy cause they're all poor students :)

Anyone know if FCP only looks within the current subnet or do they report to a central Apple server so that a use of the license anywhere else on campus would trigger it? I'm asking cause I could probably find a machine in another building and install it there for the week if being that separated network-wise would make the difference.

thx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]