FORUMS: list search recent posts

preparing for online / reading XML

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathryn Cates
preparing for online / reading XML
on May 31, 2011 at 11:29:23 pm

Hello all,

I am preparing a feature for online and am in need of a relatively painless way to search my sequence for any media that does not conform to the sequence settings and/or has been manipulated in some way that will need special attention in online.

Namely: I would like to be able to identify any clips that have had video filters or speed changes or motion effects applied, or clips whose codec or frame size do not match that of the sequence.

Is there an alternative to opening each of my thousands of clips individually and checking all the tabs? I feel like there must be.

I've tried exporting an XML file and can see where the information I need lives in the text file. Unfortunately, I'm working in TextEdit and doing a search on the text file seems impossible.

Surely someone before me has come up with a sane way to do an advanced search on the media for this sort of information. Right? Am I looking for a better XML reader? Or is there something simpler that hasn't occurred to me? Any help would be really appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: preparing for online / reading XML
on May 31, 2011 at 11:35:42 pm

Take your sequence...highlight EVERYTHING. Then DISABLE-ENABLE the clips. Either from the MODIFY menu...or just press Control-B. When they come back, all the ones that are unrendered are unrendered for a reason. Either they don't match the sequence, or they are slow motion, or repositioned, or have filters and effects. You narrow things down like that.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kathryn Cates
Re: preparing for online / reading XML
on May 31, 2011 at 11:40:10 pm

So simple, so brilliant. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved