FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP crash caused mess

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Bomse
FCP crash caused mess
on May 31, 2011 at 6:30:46 pm

I am running FCP 7.0 on a 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel tower.

I am cutting a feature with footage shot 24p (on the Cannon 5D) and all transcoded to 422.

All has been going fine until yesterday when I imported a TIFF file (I believe that was the cause of my troubles). The TIFF was 300 dpi and CMYK (which I now realize FCP doesn't like). It imported ok and I applied a Key effect. Then when I went to play it it froze as it played the TIFF file (spinning ball). I had to force quit and force shut down the system and ever since then it's been a mess.

When I went back into the project it would freeze every time after reading either 5 or 6 % of the footage. Then I went back to an older version of the project (before the import and crash) and that allowed me to get into the project but it still would freeze after a few minutes - didn't matter which sequence I was on.

I repaired permissions and trashed my preferences. The system now works fine on other FCP projects that use media on different hard drives but even my old versions of this project does not work properly - crashes within minutes every time.

Is it possible that these drives got damaged? I verified them with DISK UTILITY and they seem to be fine. Is there another way to check them or repair them?

Thanks for any help. Sorry for the long post.

Seth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]