FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion projects not rendering in the FCP timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
Motion projects not rendering in the FCP timeline
on May 28, 2011 at 3:28:32 pm

I'm using a new FCP system that's just been set up at work. I've sent some clips from an FCP 7 timeline to a Motion 4 project, done some motion graphics work, saved, then gone back to the FCP timeline. The Motion project is there in the right place, but FCP won't render it. If I hit CMD-R or choose Render All from the menu bar, the render dialogue box flashes on the screen for a millisecond, but that's all.

I can obviously render the clip out as a QuickTime direct from Motion and then import that into FCP, but I want to retain the flexibility of having Motion projects in my timeline. Anyone have any ideas why it won't render? I'm using Motion 4.0.3 and FCP 7.0.3 on OSX 10.6.6.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Di Lullo
Re: Motion projects not rendering in the FCP timeline
on May 29, 2011 at 12:38:04 pm

I think you need to change your render settings. If you go to the sequence menu in the tool bar you'll see entries for render all. Select it and go to the sub-menu. You'll see a list of colors. Each of these represent a type of RT effect (dark green being Full RT and orange being unlimited) You need to check each one that you want the render command to render. You have to do this one at a time. Your motion clip is going to be an Orange render.

Once you've check the correct render colors (hint: I have all of them check for "render all"), hit render and it should go.

here is the link in the manual
Jeffrey Di Lullo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved