FORUMS: list search recent posts

need to give 'lab' specs for creating QT with split tracks from DigiBeta

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Stanford
need to give 'lab' specs for creating QT with split tracks from DigiBeta
on May 28, 2011 at 3:19:11 am

I am having a 'lab' digitize a 90 min DigiBeta master onto drives so I can edit the film down to 60 minutes. What specs/info should I give them for creating a file I can edit on Final Cut Pro (version 6.0.6) with as many split tracks as possible. The DigiBeta master has Dialog Stereo mix on CH 1 & 2, Music-FX Stereo mix on CH 3 & 4. What is best file format for them to create to give me music separation? I will have the lab remaster the edited cut-down film back to Digibeta when done. Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: need to give 'lab' specs for creating QT with split tracks from DigiBeta
on May 28, 2011 at 1:29:35 pm

Any QuickTime codec that FCP captures to supports 4 channels of audio. Just be emphatic that 4 channels need to be maintained, so they capture it properly.

To maintain picture quality you can use ProRes 422, or if your drive system can support it, Uncompressed 8 or 10 bit. ProRes 422 would be my choice.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 28, 2011 at 3:43:56 pm

Ask them Prores HQ files with the 4 audio channels.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Stanford
on May 29, 2011 at 6:38:23 pm

Thanks for replies. Much appreciated. I noticed on the Apple site that there is "ProRes 422 (Proxy), ProRes 422 (LT) and ProRes 4444, in addition to the original ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 (HQ"...

Would the ProRes 422 HQ be the best option and highest quality for me? I know from Creative Cow that ProRes 422 is supposed to be a "lightweight codec" but that is relative and I do have an older G5. I am re-editing a documentary which is not effects heavy, so I am OK if system runs a little slower. Just wanted to confirm that my FCP Studio 2 version 6.0.6 can handle ProRes 422?

My understanding is that uncompressed 8-bit would be a real strain and maybe too much for my older system. Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 29, 2011 at 7:24:43 pm

Digital Betacam is 10b, so you should keep 10b.
With a DigiBeta source, Prores LT or Proes Proxi shouldn't be considered.
Prores HQ or plain Prores are the quality options.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]