FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out point is greyed out when editing to tape

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wesley Dysart
Out point is greyed out when editing to tape
on May 25, 2011 at 8:36:18 pm

I'm trying to insert a fix onto a Dbeta tape but I cannot set an out point. I attempted the fix with the out point set in the sequence but it kept going even after reaching the out point. So I evidently need to set the outpoint in the 'edit to tape' window, however, it's grey and will not allow me to enter an out point. What have I done wrong?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Out point is greyed out when editing to tape
on May 25, 2011 at 9:58:40 pm

Look in the Edit to Tape window...IN the MASTERING SETTINGS tab, do you have a check mark next to TRAILER BLACK?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 25, 2011 at 9:59:45 pm

OH, and normally you set your OUT point on the timeline. IN and OUT there.

Shane

Return to posts index

Wesley Dysart
on May 26, 2011 at 1:11:44 am

All the boxes in the mastering settings were unchecked. I too thought that my out point in the sequence would work, however, when I dragged the sequence over to the mastering window into "insert" it kept recording past the out point, it effectively ran black over the start of the program.

We wound up editing tape-to-tape to fix it, because it seems for some reason we can't get final cut to do an insert, it wants to keep rolling and black out whatever is past the end point. I've mostly used FCP for assemble editing, I'm very frustrated with inserting. I was basically asked to fix a slate and wound up blacking over the hour mark... and to make things worse I couldn't simply insert the original footage back onto the tape because FCP is ignoring my out point in the sequence and won't let me enter an out point in the master window.

I need to spend some time practicing with a work tape!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 26, 2011 at 1:15:33 am

Well, it is known that insert editing with FCP is not totally rock solid. But I have done it. I did have issues of rolling past my outpoint, but unchecking that box solved it.

Uninstall the drivers and reinstall the latest ones. That solves a lot of issues too.

Shane

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
on May 26, 2011 at 1:08:23 pm

Are you editing to tape in Editing mode or Mastering mode? That sounds like you're set to Mastering, in which case you can't set an out point in the ETT window. Check that you are in Editing mode on the dialog next to the Black & Code button. It could be that simple...

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]