FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and capture not taking full length of clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wren
Log and capture not taking full length of clip
on May 25, 2011 at 12:02:31 am

Hi, can anyone shed some light as to why, after I have set in/out points on log and capture. It only records 4 secs then the deck I'm capturing from just goes into slow reverse. It's a problem that started after I had already captured plenty of footage. Also the in/out points in fcp l/c seem to be getting it's time code from tapes current position. Please forgive what may seem an inarticulate description of my problemas I have only been using this system a short while. As i work nights we have no in house support for issues as this.
many thanks.. Jim

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Log and capture not taking full length of clip
on May 25, 2011 at 6:34:30 am

The behaviour you describes sounds like there is either a timecode break just after your in point or even in the pre roll before the in point.

What tape format are you capturing and how is FCP connected to the device.

Return to posts index

Jim Wren
on May 25, 2011 at 6:43:18 am

Capturing from a Sony M2000p - 201. SDI into a Kona 3g card. Capture setting 1080psf. 9pin remote cable. I had wondered if it was due to the tape stock being re-used a fair few times.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 25, 2011 at 7:13:08 am

If it was random, then it might be a ref video issue but if it is the same spot, then there may be either a timecode break or a tape dropout. What happens if you try to capture the same spot with capture now rather than logging it first?

Return to posts index

Jim Wren
on May 25, 2011 at 7:21:12 am

No problems with "capture now".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]