FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Setting Rendering and Resolution Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Sallerson
Sequence Setting Rendering and Resolution Issues
on May 24, 2011 at 10:15:38 pm

So, here's the story: I've been working on a feature length film and my DP accidentally shot part of the footage in 720 P as well as 1080 P. I didn't know this until after I had edited a large part of the project. In order to make all of my clips from these different sources work in final cut pro I put all of these clips or sequences into 480 by changing their sequence settings or copying and pasting clips or full sequences into changed sequences.

However, now I want to export to a HD quicktime movie at 1080. I ran a few tests using compressor Pro and found that when I compared an H.264 1080 p conversion of a clip that wasn't re-rendered to 480 and a clip from a sequences that was rendered down to 480 that the former had much better resolution than the latter (in fact the former had twice as much data in the final quicktime video).

Is there a way to convert my sequences that I've switched from 1080 to 480 into 1080 again using compressor pro or final cut pro without any sacrifice of resolution in the final quicktime file?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved