FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lagging playback on youtube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Bea
Lagging playback on youtube
on May 24, 2011 at 2:48:48 pm

Hey all

I have created a 1280 x 720 edit in Final Cut Pro exporting as Pro Res then re-compressing it in Media Encoder to a 1280 x 720 .mp4 (H.264) which comes out at 150Mb (The youtube HD setting), but when I upload to youtube the playback lags. The edit is really quick throughout and youtube is struggling to playback, I am trying the youtube SD setting to see if that makes a difference, but does anyone have any suggestions? Settings I could try or any advice that could help.

Many thanks in advance...

Olly

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Lagging playback on youtube
on May 24, 2011 at 2:59:18 pm

First, you need to look to your computer as the possible culprit, as fast, new Macs with the latest Nvidia and ATI graphics cards don't have the problem playing HD content on Youtube that you're describing. If you do have a newer machine, then the problem may be your Internet connection.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Olly Bea
on May 24, 2011 at 3:15:26 pm

Thanks David, the mac I am using is pretty fast 3.2Ghz Quad core intel (8Gb memory) and plays the pro-res quicktime .mov and the re-compressed .mp4 fine, it could be something to do with the internet connection, or maybe Flash?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 24, 2011 at 3:42:51 pm

[Olly Bea] "it could be something to do with the internet connection, or maybe Flash?
"

I'd say look to you Internet or your network connection. Rebooting always appears to help, but you just expect everyone to reboot before they see your videos online.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Olly Bea
on May 24, 2011 at 4:41:01 pm

True, thanks for your reply, I might have to have a rethink....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]