FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Tamou
Problem!
on May 21, 2011 at 2:40:59 pm

I have created 4 sequences in a project that I shoot in HD. After I got done editing all 4 sequences, I copied and pasted them all together (in story sequence) in a new sequences I created. Everything is fine except one of the sequences is coming into the movie in standard definition size and is requiring rendering. After rendering it, it stays that size. You can see that the picture is squeezed in horizontally.
I don't know what the problem is and if I did anything wrong.
Is there anyone that knows what the problem may be.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Problem!
on May 21, 2011 at 2:58:22 pm

If I had to guess, the material with the issue is what you cut in sequence 1. Right? If so, that's because the default sequence does not automatically open with the proper settings, as it's already open before you establish the proper settings.

In any case, select all of the clips that are in the improper format on the new timeline, right click, choose remove attributes, check both Basic Motion and Distort, then hit okay. Bingo, you should be good to go.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Dale Vedder
on May 21, 2011 at 2:58:34 pm

Double click on the first clip that is the incorrect size, in Basic Motion change it's scale back to 100% and it's aspect ration to 0. If that worked to fix the problem, copy the clip and paste (Alt+V) it's Basic Motion attributes onto the clips that are incorrect. The probable reason this happened was most likely due to incorrect sequence settings on the original sequence the clips were copied from.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 21, 2011 at 3:02:24 pm

If you want to keep up with me you'd better drink some more coffee Dale.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Dale Vedder
on May 21, 2011 at 3:08:20 pm

Damn! That was a matter of seconds! And, yes, your solution is the simpler and quicker of the two. Good work sir. ;) I do indeed need to invest in your chosen brand of caffeine.

Return to posts index

Steve Tamou
on May 21, 2011 at 3:50:52 pm

Thank You Both Very Much. It Worked!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]