FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 1080 playback problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Mikkelsen
Final Cut Pro 1080 playback problems
on May 20, 2011 at 2:14:19 pm

Hey

I have a problem playing back 1080 Proress 4444 and 422 HQ i keep getting drop frames.
720 works just fine.
When i have been working with my project for a while about 15min this starts to happen, if i close and reopen FCP the problem is gone but slowly comes back
I have tried everything replacing ram, Harddrives, reinstalling the system but still the same problem.
I have 2x2.8 Ghz Quad Core intel xeon with 8GB ram and a NVIDIA geforce GT 120 card.
The media disk is a internal stibe raid of 3x1TB WD black caviar disks and the speed is 300mb pr sek witch should be more then enough. I have a Black Magic HD Extrem with the latest drives installed.
Does annybody know what is wrong ?
Thank You

//
Thomas Mikkelsen
Editor
M2film.dk

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
Re: Final Cut Pro 1080 playback problems
on May 20, 2011 at 5:37:02 pm

Outdated FCP architecture that's what is wrong. How many 1080 ProRes 4444 streams are you trying to play back simultaneously? If I were you I'd just uncheck report drop frames function and keep on doing whatever you're doing out there.

Free-lance fcp editor in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Mikkelsen
on May 20, 2011 at 6:19:56 pm

Only one stream.
If i on check it then it ofcourse wont stop but the sound is clicking and sometimes goes out of sync.
So a pretty big problem.
I have a feeling that i dont have my problem on my older mac pro.
Can there be annything with this model of the mac pro or.

//
Thomas Mikkelsen
Editor
M2film.dk

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
on May 20, 2011 at 9:36:26 pm

No, your mac is ok. Does it happen with all your ProRes 4444/HQ footage or only some clips are affected? Could you please check read/write speed of your HDDs? Didn't you inadvertently limit their speed with jumper block? Try to use external HDD for media storage and see if your clips are still lagging behind in playback.

Free-lance fcp editor in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Mikkelsen
on May 25, 2011 at 8:16:46 am

I have been trying alot these thew days.
My disk i runnig 245mbs write and 248mbs read. I havent realy got a exsternal raid but i will try to get one to test with.
I have been editing 720P for 3days now and no problem at all so i am now shure that it is only 1080 thats the problem.
I have a feeling that if i remove the black magic drivers its working fine but i havent realy testet it for a long time.
Maybe there is something with the black magic drivers and card, is annyone getting this error on a aja card.
Thanks for all you help hopefully we will get FCP X soon and it will be fixed :-)

//
Thomas Mikkelsen
Editor
M2film.dk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]