FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Noise/Pixelation in Canvas

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonathan carr
Image Noise/Pixelation in Canvas
on May 19, 2011 at 11:13:20 pm

This is not another in the long line of queries about image 'quality' in the canvas - the problem I have is that on playback, the footage becomes pixelated or noisy like a scratchy old TV. This doesn't happen with every clip, every time, but the problem becomes even worse when I add effects.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
Re: Image Noise/Pixelation in Canvas
on May 19, 2011 at 11:33:30 pm

It sounds like you need to render. You need to tell us more information about your clip info, what your sequence settings are, your computer specs. I know from my experience that I don't see great quality until I render full.

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videos

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index

jonathan carr
on May 19, 2011 at 11:57:15 pm

Hi Cody

Thanks for the quick response. Don't think it's a rendering issue, as it can, and often does happen the first time I drag a clip down onto the timeline and play it back on the canvas. This is without any effects at all.

Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz

The clips are XDCAM 108025p. I have had previous issues with grey bars across the clips when imported due to a previous demo version of the Calibrated software still apparently lingering on my system despite having zapped all trace of it from my drive. But not sure the problem is linked. All clips are fine in the viewer.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on May 20, 2011 at 12:15:30 am

Hi Jonathan,

To uninstall Calibrated{Q} XD Decode - please

1. Delete the Calibrated folder from the /Applications directory

2. Delete the CalibratedXDCodec.component from the /Library/QuickTime folder (please note that this is the Library folder on your Main Harddrive NOT the Library folder in your User Directory - and you must manually go to the /Library/QuickTime folder as SpotLight may not index the Library folder)

3. restart your computer

and that should do it - Step #2 is the most important part

Also - please be aware that Calibrated{Q} XD Decode is not meant for computers with any version of FCP installed.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

jonathan carr
on May 19, 2011 at 11:59:36 pm

Hi Cody

Thanks for the quick response. Don't think it's a rendering issue, as it can, and often does happen the first time I drag a clip down onto the timeline and play it back on the canvas. This is without any effects at all.

Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz

The clips are XDCAM 108025p. I have had previous issues with grey bars across the clips when imported due to a previous demo version of the Calibrated software still apparently lingering on my system despite having zapped all trace of it from my drive. But not sure the problem is linked. All clips are fine in the viewer.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]