FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Replacement/Filters (horror scene)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Stewart
Color Replacement/Filters (horror scene)
on May 19, 2011 at 10:59:41 pm

Hello I'm new to this forum so I hope I posted in the right spot.

I shot some stuff for a short film I'm doing in a liquor store, for the whole scene I used the desaturate tool to take all the color out of the lows then used the color replacer some to make all the bottle signs yellow and green. When my professor saw the footage he said that I should try making everything harsher looking like reds blacks and greys or just something to give more of an edge(its a horror film).

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to do this using any of the filters, (or any ideas making a more horror look for a liqour store, doesn't have to be the look I described) it was my first time really messing with the color replacer so I'm not really that used to it, I kinda just got lucky with the look I got, i know its subjective so anyones help or ideas are appreciated....

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Color Replacement/Filters (horror scene)
on May 20, 2011 at 12:29:53 am

Check out this plugin...It's pretty cool:

http://sheffieldsoftworks.com/looks/sincity/index.html

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Stewart
on May 22, 2011 at 9:27:37 pm

thanks for the info

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on May 22, 2011 at 11:34:33 pm

Stuff like this is really easy to do in Color if you want to take some time to play in there. I had to a horror feature a few years ago where I had to make the predominate color palette green.

You can see the work on my Samples Page in the Color Enhancement samples. The cool thing is once you get the look you want, you can save it and then keep tweaking it or applying it to other shots. I also had to do some ultra bright bluish outdoor scenes and some technicolor dream sequences.

http://www.biscardicreative.com/Biscardi_Creative_Media_-_Bringing_Art_to_D...

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]