FORUMS: list search recent posts

AF100 footage for DS

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Smith
AF100 footage for DS
on May 18, 2011 at 6:50:16 pm

Hi all,

Here's my situation: I will be receiving about 13GB (Not sure of the TRT) of footage shot on an AF100 (1080 24p). The edit needs to happen on our Avid DS 8.5 system, which does not work well with the AVC files. The client would also like TC DVDs to do a paper edit.

Here's my proposed solution, let me know if you have any better ideas.

Take all of the footage and drop it into an FCP sequence and dump that to HDCAM (HDW-F500 via Kona LHe) and use the F-500 downconverter to create the DVDs using a DVD recorder. Then forget about the files and use the HDCAM tapes as raw footage masters for the DS.

It all sounds good to me, but I have not worked with anything from this camera yet and was wondering if anyone sees any potential snags I may run into with this workflow.

Thanks,

Greg

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: AF100 footage for DS
on May 18, 2011 at 8:56:38 pm

[Greg Smith] "Take all of the footage and drop it into an FCP sequence and dump that to HDCAM (HDW-F500 via Kona LHe) and use the F-500 downconverter to create the DVDs using a DVD recorder. Then forget about the files and use the HDCAM tapes as raw footage masters for the DS."

- The problem if you print tape and DVDs at the same time, is that both will have the TC burnt, and you don't want the TC burnt on the tapes.

- If you do it once at a time, the TC on tape won't match the TC burnt on the DVDs.

I think that you must print the tapes first, and then print the DVDs from the tapes. Get the tapes TC printed on the DVDs.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AF100 footage for DS
on May 19, 2011 at 12:56:46 am

No...you can do tapes and DVDs at the same time. You don't put the timecode on the FCP sequence...you route the CHARACTER OUT from the deck to the DVD player. I did this all the time.

Yeah, this is very old school, and defeats the purpose of tapeless, but if the DS is all you have, then do what you gotta do. It might be wise to get a Mac or qualified PC and get the software Avid MC 5.5 put on there, so you can import this tapeless footage into and convert to Avid media.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]