FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD .MTS to .Mp4's in Final Cut 5.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norbert Thiemann
HD .MTS to .Mp4's in Final Cut 5.1
on May 18, 2011 at 7:15:37 am

Hi, I'm working in Version 5.1.4 of Final Cut Pro Academic. The footage shot came from a Sony HD Handycam. It produced .MTS files that could not be directly imported into Final Cut. I converted them into MP4's (.m4v to be exact) in Handbrake. I can view all of the files in either form with VLC (for the .MTS) or QuickTime (for the .m4v). After conversion only about 85% were recognized and accepted for import into Final Cut.

Here's the error code for the remainder:
File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown.

One other note: I even tried saving the file in QuickTime (save, not export, as I do not have QuickTime Pro in my Macbook Pro) to see if that would work, but got the same message with the QT file.

Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: HD .MTS to .Mp4's in Final Cut 5.1
on May 18, 2011 at 8:10:40 am

MP4s....m4v...is NOT an editing codec. No, that's a delivery codec. You need to convert the footage to DVCPRO HD.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Norbert Thiemann
on May 18, 2011 at 8:25:20 am

The files that did get imported would not play properly in the viewer, so I've been dragging the clips to the timeline and rendering them, which has them performing in the canvas. My plan is to export them out and bring them back in, so I can make subclips, etc. I don't understand why some are importing and some are not. They were all shot the same night, same location, conditions, etc...

How can I convert them to DVCPRO HD?

Return to posts index

William Carr
on May 22, 2011 at 4:10:57 am

Compressor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]