FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot export correctly the entire project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrico Dalla Benetta
Cannot export correctly the entire project
on May 17, 2011 at 7:18:08 pm

Here I am again.
I nested various sequences into one big sequence. I tried to export it as a dvd or blue ray but it always stopped after few hours saying that fc has encounterd a problem. So using the option "send to compressor" I tried to export the entire sequence in compressor as a HDMPEG-2 18.0MBPS. the file that came out has some portion with media offline even though there were no medias offline in the fc project plus some sequences with modified colors do not appear as modified in the new file.
The movie was shot with a full HD camera in MTS so I had to convert the raw files in quick time HD through iskysoft.
I am using fcp 7.0.3
Can somebody help me?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Cannot export correctly the entire project
on May 17, 2011 at 7:45:25 pm

DO NOT NEST! In this case, do not nest. BAD BAD BAD. You copy and paste the clips from the smaller sequences to the main one. Nesting is bad for this...no no no no no.

And you converted the footage to WHAT codec?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Enrico Dalla Benetta
on May 17, 2011 at 8:10:49 pm

I was trying to do what you said and it seemed to work but after few minutes the process failed.
Should I try again?
What do you mean for codec? If you mean the camera, I am filming with a canon HF 200. I used a software called iskysoft which converts in HD QuickTime Movie. This is all I know

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 17, 2011 at 8:42:06 pm

[Enrico Dalla Benetta] "What do you mean for codec? "

I mean what FORMAT of video...what FORMAT of Quicktime. Quicktime is a container...like a can...and it can hold one of dozens of formats. The can can contain beer, coke, sprite, lemonade, water, beans, corn. Quicktime can contain any number of codecs...H.264, Animation, ProRes, DVCPRO HD, DV. You don't just convert to Quicktime and let it go at that. FCP doesn't work with all the codecs that Quicktime supports. Oh my no..only the list you see in the EASY SETUPS in the Final Cut Pro Menu. Or in the manual:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter...

[Enrico Dalla Benetta] "I used a software called iskysoft which converts in HD QuickTime Movie. This is all I know"

Then that's a problem. You NEED to know what you converted to. YOu need to convert to proper editing codecs if you want FCP to work properly. It can behave in all sorts of bad ways if you just drop in generic quicktime files.

If you want software that you can just drop in formats and not care about what they are...you need to look into Sony Vegas (PC ONLY), or Adobe Premiere. FCP...and Avid...are picky.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]