FORUMS: list search recent posts

animation codec from flash to final cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bernardo martelli
animation codec from flash to final cut
on May 17, 2011 at 11:06:56 am

Hello,
i have many .mov files created in flash using animation codec; when importing into final cut I'm not so happy with fluidity/playing and plus rendering is needed (even choosing animation codec)..flash audio is max.44 Khz (not a problem, I can fix it because I need 48) and framerate is always variable (9/10 fps or similar) this even choosing 25 fps from flash.
If I see these clips inside quicktime they do play smoothly but not on final cut (apparently no matters what codec I use)..
This project (a dvd) will mix 25 fps dv-videos with dv-codec and these quicktime files from flash using aimation-codec..

any ideas?-thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: animation codec from flash to final cut
on May 17, 2011 at 12:36:29 pm

Well, the animation codec is not a realtime codec w/ FCP.
Creating flash movies is not a great idea going to FCP.
You should have your frame rate consistent and @ a minimum of 24fps.

Make sure your sequence settings match your video settings.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

bernardo martelli
on May 17, 2011 at 2:23:03 pm

thanks,
best thing would be to export a movie as a sequence of images (png sequence/pict-seq.) from flash; this because quicktime movies made in flash have always variable frame-rate.
Problem is that these flash-files should not have graphic-symbols with nested-timelines inside main timeline (I suppose); tedious thing is to copy frames from nested-T.L. to main T.L.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on May 17, 2011 at 4:14:45 pm

a lot of flash videos are or were 12fps.

You need to bring them into after effects, interpret them as 12fps, then render them out as prores 24p , so that they work the way you want in final cut pro.

Return to posts index

bernardo martelli
on May 27, 2011 at 9:13:55 am

Thanks,
update: using Flash CS3
export as quicktime-movie checking “After time elapsed” setting; insert data as hh:mm:ss.ms that one gets from number_of_frames/framerate, rather than leaving the default option "When last frame is reached".
In this case there's no need to copy frames belonging to nested timelines to the main timeline; better is not to have a "Stop()" action inside the very last frame.

Return to posts index

bernardo martelli
on May 27, 2011 at 9:33:11 am

Last thing to do: last step is to re-open the quicktime file and export to quicktime movie choosing the codec/framerate of your final cut project; now everything is nice. (:
ps: quicktime pro was used.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]