FORUMS: list search recent posts

iPHONE4 Video in FCP 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph kennelty
iPHONE4 Video in FCP 6
on May 17, 2011 at 4:50:27 am

After much research, I have still not been able to find a solid solution for converting iPHONE4 video to be editable in FCP. Instead of me telling you what my process has been, can someone PLEASE tell me how to properly convert the video using the application Compressor. Then how to set up my FCP file to properly import the converted video, ready to be edited with no audio issues (red line). Thank you very much in advance, and if there is a similar post I missed, please let me know.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: iPHONE4 Video in FCP 6
on May 17, 2011 at 12:13:13 pm

You did not search enough. It has been said many many times. Even multiple times a day how you can use Compressor or MPEG Steamclip to convert your h.264 video to an FCP editing friendly codec. For FCP 6, that option is Pro Res 422. Compressor even has a search option to choose your preset.

[joseph kennelty] "and if there is a similar post I missed, please let me know."
There are plenty! Please don't use all caps in your posts.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

joseph kennelty
on May 17, 2011 at 7:51:15 pm

Good Afternoon Steve,
Your the best. Wow! Your trolling demeanor is AMAZING!
THANK YOU

Thank you William Carr, for your time and helpful information.

Return to posts index

William Carr
on May 17, 2011 at 12:22:50 pm

I can tell you what I did on my last project, which incorporated an iPhone 4 video clip.

1) Import the iPhone video to the Mac using iPhoto.
2) In iPhoto, select the clip and Export with the "Kind" setting to "Original" (don't bother with the Quicktime setting).
3) The export is a 1280x720 H264 movie at 29.97
4) Place the exported movie into Compressor and set to transcode to your project's edit format. Make sure and enable the integrated audio setting and choose 48khz.
5) Export the clip to your media drive's Assets or Capture Scratch folder, as per your workflow.

If your project is exclusively iPhone video, I'd use ProRes or ProRes LT as an edit format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]