FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video drop out

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Martin
Video drop out
on May 16, 2011 at 8:33:12 pm

When I was outputting 1.5 minute film... there were sections that didn't show up when it output. They were typically places where I had video with a still super'd over. I can't figure out why this is happening and it is really weird.... and frustrating. Anyone have any insight? It drops to WHITE ... not BLACK?? Which is also weird.

At the spot where I start to have trouble I get a green bar across the top of my timeline... and it appear sporadically through the rest of the clip. It appears to correspond to the drop outs....?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Video drop out
on May 17, 2011 at 2:48:41 am

What is the format of the source material? DV? HDV? or?

What are your sequence's settings?

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog:

Current DVD:

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Video drop out
on May 17, 2011 at 9:06:48 am

It's not entirely clear from your post, but I'm assuming that by outputting you mean you're going to tape.

Speaking in very broad terms, the green line means that the computer can play back the composition in real time when you're editing, but it's making some technical compromises to do so and it needs to be rendered before you can play out to tape. Select the clips with the green bar and render them and I expect that it'll play out ok.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved