FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems loading video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Thaler
Problems loading video
on May 14, 2011 at 7:14:47 pm

The other day I was loading some HDV footage into FCP7, directly onto my Macbook Pro internal hard drive. When the footage was done loading, I tried watching it in FCP, and in the source window, I was seeing a white screen, with no video, but I was able to hear the audio. I was with an editor, so he found the file that was created on the MAC hard drive, clicked on it, and we did see the video, but just couldn't get it to show up in FCP. Yesterday, I was loading some DV footage that I shot, and had the exact same problem. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I did the obvious things, like reboot the system, deleted old files to make more space on the drive, etc., but still haven't solved the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Problems loading video
on May 14, 2011 at 7:39:40 pm

You have alpha checked in the controls above the viewer. Click on the third icon above the viewer and check "RGB."

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Randy Thaler
on May 14, 2011 at 10:30:36 pm

Thanks David. I looked, and RGB was already checked. Are there any other obvious things I should be looking for?

Randy

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on May 21, 2011 at 1:43:51 pm

When you loaded the material into the Computer, did you see an image in the Log & Capture Window?

Sascha

Return to posts index

Randy Thaler
on May 21, 2011 at 7:53:13 pm

Yes, I was seeing video while capturing it, but it doesn't appear in FCP after it's finished. As I mentioned, I can click on the file that was created, and view the video in Quicktime. Thanks.

Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]